Monday, March 15, 2010

Art walk: another look

last Saturday my friends and I revisited the art walk in Pomona. This time around I had the chance to see a different side of the art walk. we started out in the same place the DA gallery but headed in a different direction afterwards. This time around I was able to see many more of the smaller galleries. The galleries I saw were, were the DA, the Pomona frame house, Object gallery, Ferguson fine arts, Miramar longboards, Magic door IV, Metro gallery, and the downtown center gallery. It was a refreshing new look at the art walk. Even the few galleries that I revisited, had new exhibits up. I even had a chance to enjoy alittle music and walk through the small swap meet at Tomas plaza. I underestimated the volume of art that was available at the art walk. I have been there twice now and have yet see all of the galleries. Even if i went to all of the galleries in one night, another trip would be completely different. I would still see new art simply because the galleries are always changing. This gives each trip to the Pomona art walk its own style and flavor, becoming new experience every time.

Here are some photos of the galleries i went to.



The DA Gallery













Furgeson Fine Art and Gallery










Thomas Plaza










Mirimar Longboards













Pomona Downtown center



No comments:

Post a Comment